samedi 26 septembre 2015

Engine struggling on when cruising - help!

Hi, we have a 55 plate 1.5dci grand scenic and all of a sudden are having issues with the engine in all gears above 4 when cruising along. I can accelerate and decelerate with the gears and all is fine but if I hit say 70mph and release the throttle to coast along I get a jumping from the engine as if the brake is being feathered and plumes of black smoke from the exhaust.
I have had a diagnostic test and that threw up a faulty glow plug so all have been replaced, cleaned the egr and ran a couple of additives through the system but the problem is still there.
Air filter is clean, I don't use cheap fuel so am a little bit lost but the engine now makes an whooshing noise when the revs go above 3000rpm which wasn't evident beforehand.
Any advice would be appreciated as I love the car but was pulled over by a kindly policeman the other and accused of using red diesel and being a possible boy racer (40 years old in a people carrier?!?!!).
Thanks


Engine struggling on when cruising - help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire