mardi 29 septembre 2015

Leaking washer reservoir and hole?

Hey guys first post :)

Sorry if it's in the wrong place, been a long day and minds fried.

A while ago my washer nozzles stopped working and I eventually got round to fixing it earlier.

The problem was a valve that splits the washer fluid from either the front or rear. Fixed it thanks to a post made a while back by a user called jgildert. Thanks a lot on that btw :)

So anyway, I go to top up the reservoir pretty smug with my handy work (I'm by no means a mechanic so it was a pretty big moment for me :d) and hear water pouring out on the ground.

Turns out there's a fairly big gash in the wheel well under where the reservoir sits and is pouring out over my tyre.

My first question is how the hell did that happen? And my second is how do I fix it? Duct tape??

Am I right in presuming the reservoir should be a separate tank? If I fix the tank itself I should be alright?

The car is a mk 2 phase 2 54 plate 1.4 16v Clio

Thanks a lot guys :)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image.jpg Views: N/A Size: 47.2 KB ID: 81154  


Leaking washer reservoir and hole?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire