mardi 29 septembre 2015

Running Problem Kangoo 1.9D 2002

Hi all, I have a 2002 Kangoo 65D 1.9D F8Q 600 Engine with the Lucas Epic Fuel Pump (semi electronic) it has no air flow sensor and the injection is mechanical.

I will try to give as much information as possible in the hope that it may aid some Diesel guru help solve the problem.

Yes it is a 600 engine, someone changed the engine earlier in its life, possibly from a Traffic. It originally left the factory with a 632 engine.

I have been trying to solve this problem for about a year now on and off.

The problem is that the engine will miss a beat every 4 seconds or so and the engine flutters as if its struggling and then continues as normal. Every so often the car will struggle to make any power at all and sound as if it is bogging down.

Usually messing about with it will make it work, but nothing inparticular seems to do the job.

The car has had new injectors, new fuel pump, new fuel lines (air was getting into them from the seals and fuel filter housing) and a new fuel filter housing. Timing belt was changed when the fuel pump was changed.

Yet the problem persists. I have heard that it could be several things but I was hoping someone on here might be able to narrow down the possibilities before I do anything more to it.

The things I have heard are, the RPM sensor in need of a clean. Chaffed wires around the area of the ECU. and faulty ECU.

I managed to get hold of an ECU from a 55D 2002 car but I havent connected it yet as I am unsure of its compatibility, maybe someone could confirm that for me.

The connector to the ECU has been messed with at some point and is held together with a zip tie. They obviously didnt know that the plastic clip to the side needed to be pulled out in order to release the connector and so broke the top of it off and its been bodge repaired.

Hopefully all of this might help in aiding a fix for the van as it is a great runner when running properly and has no other problems.

Kind regards
Paul


Running Problem Kangoo 1.9D 2002

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire