mardi 29 septembre 2015

Scenic II blower smell & smoke when set to 4

Hello,

Sorry to say I joined just to ask a question! Not a Renault owner myself, but my partner has been having issues with her 2004 Scenic II 1.9dCi.

Recently when she sets the fan to 4, after a few minutes a foul burning smell will start coming out of the blowers, she says it's more pronounced on the drivers side. It happens most quickly with the engine and air con on but it'll happen with one or both switched off as well.

If it's left on long enough (if you can put up with the stink) a light almost invisible smoke can be seen coming from around the central blowers, though it's hard to identify exactly where since it's so faint.

The fan still works on 1-3 as fine, so I don't think it's a resistor issue but I'm no expert!

I'm going to get it booked into the garage for her but I'd like to have some idea what it could be before I do that, so any suggestions would be gratefully received.


Scenic II blower smell & smoke when set to 4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire