mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Power steering pump pulley size - Espace 2001 2,2Dci

Hello all
I have a little bit of an issue here.

Needed a new power steering pump, so I ordered one online. I got the right pump, but the pulley is about 2 cm bigger than the old one (measured in diameter).

I could take it off and put on the old pulley, but then I have 2 issues:
- The old pulley looks worn out and the edges are cracked some places
- I think I would have to align this correctly according to the other pulleys

I also like the bigger pulley because it is made of steel and not plastic. But I am conserned about the aux belt, could this make it too tight so that it would break faster?
I was also thinking that a bigger pulley might result in less turns in the power steering pump, and lead to a more firm steering, might be a problem in low speeds?

Please give me your opinions, I am torn about what to do.


Power steering pump pulley size - Espace 2001 2,2Dci

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire