mardi 29 juillet 2014

Major problems with twingo air con

I'm having major problems with my Renault twingo.



Last year I had the air conditioning regassed as it was completely empty, and this year when turning it on after the winter it was completely empty once again.



However, despite putting dye into the system the garage cannot find a leak. They have said the reason for the leak is most likely due to lack of use it the winter when the seals have dried out and the gas has escaped.



They have regassed the system, but since then I am having all sorts of problems



- Since it was regassed last month, the temperature fluctuates with the air only coming through cold when I am driving at speed. When waiting in traffic it starts to come through warm again.



- The engine revs by itself both in idle and when driving when the air conditioning is on, which I am assured is normal by the garage I took it to but it never happened before I took it to them. It seems like it is really struggling and feels like it's dragging when I'm driving



- The fan sounds like its catching on something



- There is condensation leaking from underneath the car



I feel like I'm being fobbed off by the garage who I've called several times and they keep saying it's normal but this really doesn't sound normal to me! Can anyone give me some idea of what might be the problem and also any recommendations of good garages (not crawley down group) in Sussex would be great. (I should add that CDG also serviced my car at the same time as regassing the air conditioning, in case this has any bearing on why it's not working now)



Thank you!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire