mardi 29 juillet 2014

MOT Failed!

(This might have been better posted on the Peugeot Users site! Am I short-sighted or what:d Never mind, you might have a Peugeot too!)



Thought I would pass this on....



It was MOT time again for my 2009 207 1.6HDI and I really thought it would pass this time!



Failed on just one item: rubber boot perished on top of front anti-roll bar drop-link



This is a new requirement that came into the MOT test recently: it doesn't matter if a suspension ball-joint is not worn, its rubber boot must be fully intact too!



I can see the point of this (joint might fail when water/dirt gets in) but is seems a bit harsh to fail the car on the basis that the joint might fail soon, most of the MOT test is based on the condition of the car now & not how quickly it might fail?



Annoyingly, I had checked these prior to the MOT, as I knew they were a common failure, but they seemed pretty solid when I shook them. Best put my glasses on next time:cool:



I checked on e**y and you can buy just the rubber boots, but the cost is around half the cost of a new link - not really worth the effort of fitting



Anyway, at least the links are cheap (even Peugeot only want £13 each) and appear to be simple to replace. I shall replace the pair and hope for another uneventful five years of driving:d



I know it's for my own good, but I hate failing this test - even if they did change the rules without my noticing!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire