jeudi 24 juillet 2014

Dodgy window - Megane CC

Hi folks.



It's my turn to have a problem with an electric window in a Megane Coupe Convertible.



Mine is a 2005 model.



Started with an odd chattering noise, moved onto the window it self being unreliable and now both have combined. It's most obvious when driving along with the roof down, the rean nearside window won't stay down and pops up. But then it won't stay closed when the roof is up. It's not loose.



Any ideas - I'm thinking of fitting the aftermarked black box because it feels like there's an electrical gremlin, but I've heard it said that if there's a chattering noise it's likely just the regulator.



Anyone else had this? I'm up to having a go replacing the whole shooting match just don't want to buy both if I only need one.



By the way - my dealer volunteered that it was a known fault and if the service history was up to scratch (hmmm, one or two home services) they'd bay 74% of the repair bill (worst case scenario £750), but if it wasn't the 'known fault' I'd have to pay at least the £65 diagnosis work...



What to do - car's only worth £2.5k and I forked out £650 for service and cambelt last winter (baulked at the £300 to find and fix an oil leak).



What next!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire