vendredi 25 juillet 2014

High pitched squeal noise from Radiator [Clio mk1 1.2]

Hello guys, I am an owner of Clio MK1 1.2 BBOP (The cheapest edition :P) .

I've got a problem sometime now, whenever the radiator fan starts 90% of the time it will maek a high pitched squeel noise. it's kinda annoying.



I guess water may came in when I used a jet-washer to wash the engine department. (I had to clean distributor cap twice for the car to work after that :P).



I am not really sure if that's the problem or happened because the car is 18 years old , I can't really remember when it started.



So I guess it's a bearing on the electric motor or something?

How can I fix that? Do I need to replace the whole radiator? Or do they sell the motor alone?

Is it possible to change only the bearings inside of it? What's the worst case scenario of leaving it like this? Will the radiator fan fail?Or could it be something worst? Do I need to worry?



(I was a whole summer without radiator, nothing happened to the car but I was careful, sometimes it would poor some of the coolant from the cap [Cap is missing one part from the 3 parts the "release valve" holds in place -_-], I waited for it to cool down, because of the fan switch, I had replaced it with a new one and failed in a couple of weeks, It's pretty good now after a 9+ months as the second replacement is working good).




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire