jeudi 24 septembre 2015

Test drove a nice 1.9dci scenic but..............

Hello, I test drove a 90k yr2000 1.9dci scenic yesterday. It felt very torquey and relaxed compared to my 1.4 petrol!

It was in very good condition but I had one or two reservations.

1. There was a slightly rough sounding bearing noise at tickover that disappeared completely when the clutch was pressed, crank thrust bearing/gear box input bearing or they all do that sir?

2. Steering wheel wobble which I'm sure is ropey front tyres.

3. Timing belt was last changed 4 1/2 yrs ( 50k ) Ago so I'm thinking that is about due?

4. Clutch bit very quickly but did not judder or slip.

It's a shame as it drove really well, I have never owned a diesel so any advice would be great. My gut feeling is it may need a few quid spending on it which I don't mind doing to end up with a good car at the end of it as long as I can get the car very cheap.....but sellers rarely understand this!

Any advice on any of these points would be great.


Test drove a nice 1.9dci scenic but..............

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire