samedi 26 juillet 2014

espace 3 hydraulic clutch system project

Hi first back story, getting new 7 seater company car so I can ferry staff around and use as van too, work for security n cleaning company and cover UK from stafford down about 4k a month so I had little diesel for work which is know up for sale and giving me chance for little project on my baby.

She is 14 yrs old grand espace with leather interior 3 sumroofs etc and only done genuine 35k so worth the work oh and diesel, runs ok with cooking oil too

In time I have owned her she has needed 3 hydraulic set UPS !!

Basically because of inability to bleed system properly

I am in final stages of creating hybrid clutch hydraulic system with bleed nipple using parts of other m9dels

I have found a master cylinder from Volvo s40 most suitable dye to solid metal construction, adjustability of ARM from cylinder to pedal by means of threaded bar and lock nut

And ease of fitting, only welded on a stud into pedal assembly and voila, the slave is vw group 1.8 and is mounted inside the bolt holes on box so is right up to clutch ARM giving maximum efficiency the bolt holes where just slightly out so instead of bolt holes I opened them out like open end spanners instead of ring end if you can imagine and no problems there.

I am going to make pipework in a couple of days to connect two and see what happens...I prefer pipework similar to brake pipes as maintainance easier and I feel more robust than plastic pipe personal preference is all.

I hope this may prove to be effective and stop so many spares repairs popping on eBay due to clutch hydraulics..

Any ideas or input welcome




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire