samedi 26 juillet 2014

possible problem with my Immobiliser on Megane 2002

My Megane refused to start yesterday morning for no aparrent reason! Initially I thought it was the battery but quickly realised it wasn't and was the started motor! I took it (pushed it) to the local garage and they to said it was the starter motor as turning the key produced a simple click!

They ordered the part and fitted it, and sadly although the new starter motor worked, and the key turnt allowed the turn over sound, it wouldn't actually start! They suspect it is the Immobiliser, I'm no so sure!



I had a similar problem a few months ago, and the fuse for the immobiliser had blown following the battery dying and jump starting the car! I have a feeling the fuse is gone, but the mechanics say they've checked the fuses, although they sounded surprised when I mentioned the above to them!

Can immobilisers be repaired? Or does a new one have to be ordered? If it aint the immobiliser, I'm gonna want to cry if its changed and still won't start! Any suggestions or advice? I'm new to this forum!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire