jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Megane 2.0 IDE F5R Head bolts

Hi

Local garage had my megane for a week now with a failed cambelt. I authorised them to take the head off for an inspection to decide what next. Two of the torx bolt heads have been rounded off by their mechanic(s) during the process and the head still is not off. They are trying to blame me, saying its not their fault, the bolts are old & the engine is a replacement etc etc. Fact is, the engine was replaced, as a fully factory constructed original, 5 years ago from a scrap vehicle. The head from this engine has never been removed to the best of my knowledge.
Any advice on how to proceed would be gladly received.
a) Can I sue them for incompetence ?
b) What is the recommended procedure to remove these torx bolts ? Impact spanner or similar ? Should they have used ?
c) Now they are rounded off.....whats the best way forward ?

Thanks all


Megane 2.0 IDE F5R Head bolts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire