mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Scenic II constantly stalling when cold, out of ideas!

Hi all,

I've been having the following issues with our 2004 Scenic II or the past few days:

- When it began, the car failed to start one morning - just turned over with no firing whatsoever. After a couple of attempts it started ok. I believe my wife tried again that afternoon and had problems then, but since that first day it appears to start normally;

- Ever since then, when cold, the engine will idle for a few seconds before cutting out. Car starts normally after that, will idle for a few more seconds, then cut out again. It will cut out when trying to drive at low revs (reversing for example).

- If I try to hold the revs steady at 1500-2000 rpm, the engine speed will fluctuate massively between say 800-1500 rpm, almost like I'm revving the engine. It's impossible to hold the revs steady at this engine speed. Above 2000rpm it appears to run ok. There is generally a strong smell of petrol when doing this.

- When driving at lower speeds, say 30mph in 4th/5th, the car feels like it's misfiring (very "jerky") unless I accelerate.

Following advice on the internet and these forums, I've done the following:

- Replaced the camshaft position sensor
- Replaced the crankshaft/TDC position sensor
- Replaced all 4 spark plugs
- Replaced all 4 coil packs
- Cleaned the throttle body
- Removed & cleaned the MAP sensor

Nothing has made any difference to the original problem.

I had the exact same issue just over a year ago too, and I'm pretty sure the problem was related to a post-service loose spark plug (from a main dealer too!) and/or faulty coil, but I can't remember for sure - I did buy a replacement TDC sensor at the time but the problem was go before I got round to fitting it, so it's possible that the issue rectified itself before I got round to fitting it.

Sorry for the massive long 1st post. Hope someone can shed some light on what to try next! Since the car is now worth practically nothing I'm not planning to take it to a garage.


Scenic II constantly stalling when cold, out of ideas!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire