jeudi 30 août 2018

How should I flush coolant in my Laguna II 2.2 DCI?

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
How should I flush coolant in my Laguna II 2.2 DCI?
I want to completely flush the coolant in my 2.2 DCI (150 bhp) engine and refill with fresh stuff.


Back in 2009 member WebCode responded to a similar query by saying "There is NO drain plug.. You just pull the bottom radiator hose off, remove the header tank cap and let the coolant drain out."


That was a perfectly good answer for the question raiser, but being a bit more of a dummy, it leaves me with the question of where is the bottom radiator hose, how do I access it, and what tool do I need to release it. I'd guess it's just held in place by a jubilee clip where all I'd need is a screwdriver, but is that guess correct?


How easy is it for me to access this bottom radiator hose without using a jack or hoist or something like that?
Thread Of The Week 36, September, 2018
WHICH POST SHOULD WIN THE THREAD OF THE WEEK CONTEST THIS WEEK?

Choose from the topics (posts/threads) listed throughout the forum(s), and vote for your favourite post now.

What is Topic Of The Week?
Topic Of The Week (TOTW) recognises threads or posts that have been created in the last week which provide an excellent answer to a question, or add to the community in some way. Any listed topic (thread) is eligible for the Topic of the Week selection.

What determines a Topic Of The Week?
Topic Of The Week is based on a simple nomination system. Throughout the selected forums, members with adequate permissions can nominate their favorite topic by clicking on the award nomination button below the post.



The topics with the most nominations during the course of the week are displayed on this thread using the poll feature. At the end of the week, the first three topics with the most nominations are the award winners of the contest.

Get voting!
Scenic 2 filters.
Just thought I'd share this ***x1f601;

I bought an 06 Scenic last week. Lovely clean car, with a couple of minor repairs to do.

I thought I'd change the air & cabin filters, as I always do when I get a new car.

Both filters were original, & had never been changed in TWELVE YEARS! Lol.

Incredible that no.previous owners ever thought to replace them!

Check out the pics!

SS2.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	20180828_213617_1535500475885.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	166953   Click image for larger version
Name:	20180826_192321_1535500504036.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	166955   Click image for larger version
Name:	20180826_192342_1535500525059.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	166957  
ABS light STOP light and Break light on
Laguna 2006 2.0i hi all it was raining about two days ago and I went out in the car to the shop and the lights came on the dash board and the speedo went to zero MPH and haven't worked I checked both abs sensors in case rain got behind them but all seems okay and also changed abs fuse what else could I try thank you all
Buying advice Scenic/Clio 2010 - 2014 model years
Hi


First post, hopefully of many!


I am looking for some advise as I will be changing my current vehicle and one of the cars I am considering is the Scenic, having owned the mk1 1.9DCi 2003 model and loved the higher driving position and easier access, as I have back trouble. Bought for £750, ran it for 18 months, replaced the starter, heater resistor and battery and that was it, it was written off in an accident when some kind person ran into the back.


I am put off Peugeots having briefly owned a 307 1.6hdi, I can now change the injector seals in my sleep and well as the DMF failing. I cover around 20k per annum, hence the Diesel, so I am considering the Auto box as I do quite a bit of urban driving.


As I have a limited budget of a max of £4,000. I have a number of questions, apologies in advance!


Are there any common problems, the mk1's used to blow the heater resistor, do the later model Senic's have the same problem.


Does the auto box have a fluid flywheel or is it an automated manual with a dual dry plate assembly.


Thanks


Kevin
At a total loss ECU? BCU?
Good afternoon guys, I'n new here and coming to you cap in hand looking for advice, I've brought my daughter a 2006 clio extreme for her first car 64k on the clock and had to replace the clutch, that was completed over a few days due to weather and such but completed non the less. the whole time the battery was disconnected. so the car lost its radio code and such not a massive issue.

Now the car has been put back together and battery reconnected. the battery was ok and charged, first turn of the key the car started however it produced ABS light airbag light the stop light came on, I assumed that this was possibly due the amount of time the car had been without power and cleared the faults. the car seemed fin ran for a day then developed and issue with the battery light coming on and giving me a code saying the alternators voltage was too low df102, also produced a code df 091 speed sensor?:crying2:

then the car refused to start.... fast forward a few days the car now refuses to even turn over so i assumed that it was a dead battery..... so i attempted to jump start the car. not looking i managed to connect the battery terminals the wrong way round. now when you put the wind screen wipers on the Airbag passenger side light comes on ABS lights flash and the car make some crazy beeping noise the lights dim and the cars not very well.


I'v come to the conclusion that the cars just a lemon with no hope of being fixed so I'm guessing I'm saying good bye to that 750 quid Ive payed is long gone.

any help on the diagnosis would be amazing... my thoughts lay with either I've damaged the engine wiring loom or its a bcu/ecu issue.
Clio campass 1.5dci trouble starting
Hi, just bought a 2nd hand clio and having problems getting it started, fitted a new fuel pump and glow plugs, diagnostics is saying fuel pressure injector but when codes are cleared car wont even turn. Seems to start better when its jumped otherwise takes a good few goes any ideas please?
twice
Paddy: "Have you ever cheated on me?"

Wife: "Yes, but only twice. Remember when we were skint, and I said the butcher gave us some steaks for free?"

Paddy: "That's not so bad. What about the second time?"

Wife: "Remember when you stood for office and said you were 350 votes short?"
Tappet shim kit
hi all,


I need a tappet shim kit for my Renault megane 1998 rxe.

my mechanic and others around him say they don't have the tools.

I want to get rid of an undesirable noise.

here are the e-mails from the mechanic.

-----

Hi
Yes you need feeler gauges to check the clearances but then to adjust the tappets you need to change the shims. You will need to find someone who has a shim kit as I do not, so I am unable to do this for you.

I have driven your car and cannot find the noises you mention. As for the washers it will need some new squirters on the bonnet as they are full of paint.

Your car is ready to go.

Steve


-----


Hi Evan
Car is ready to pick up.
Have adjusted hand brake up more and adjusted fan belt.
Checked tappets,if you wanted to adjust them you would need to find someone
that has a tappet shim kit. As the motor has
Different thickness shims that fit into the cam follower buckets to set the
clearances
Steve

-----

so firstly is this mechanic full of it? seriously? he doesn't have the appropriate tools and so on?

how about these links?

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...r+shimming+kit

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...g+kit&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...r+shimming+kit

I am coming to you from new Zealand.

what can you make of this?


evan.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire