dimanche 9 septembre 2018

2014 grand scenic 1.5 dci with only ~15000 miles on clock multiple injector failure

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
2014 grand scenic 1.5 dci with only ~15000 miles on clock multiple injector failure
Hi all,

New to this forum. Hoping someome can shed some light on what i should do with my car. I bought this car brand new with delivery miles on clock. 4 days out of warranty, cylinder 1 injector went. Since it was serviced and maintained regularly by renault, renault customer support offered to cover some of the costs for a new injector. I was reading around injectors and a lot of people said it would be advisable to change all 4 if there is some sort of contamination. I've never put wrong fuel into the car so thought this might have been a one off thing. Renault customer service said they would only cover part of 1 injector's cost. Went ahead and fixed it. After the fix, car had done less that 100 miles and cylinder 4 injector has gone. When the 1st injector went, I pleaded with both the dealership and customer services to help me change all 4 but it being costly and maybe a premature issue they said they wouldn't. Dealership wants more money just to diagnose it is injector 4 (which recovery man has already diagnosed it to be) and renault customer service might do something again. I think there might be an underlying electrical issue which is causing the injectors to fail prematurely? Why would the dealership not check for any issues like so but simply just replace the injector? I don't want be left stranded for a 3rd time with injector 2 or 3 failing. A car with over 100,000 miles would be more reliable. This is our 5th renault (4 diesels and 1 petrol). We've been with them for so long but they just want to charge us money and not really fix the issue since we are out of warranty now. At nearly 15,000 miles on a 2014 car i cannot simply comprehend it even. To add to the insult, dealership didn't install the engine cover and also broke the plastic cover which goes over the obd port. Could someone please advice me what i should do now? Renault customer relations wants the car to go into dealers again for a diagnosis now. I feel like they are going to do the same thing as with injector one without fixing the underlying issue but just replace it and mess me about.


Thanks in advance
cant get the horn to work on trafic 1.9dci
Hello, so my horn stopped working a couple of months ago. its been one of those things ill get round to. now ive got MOT coming up so i needed to sort it.
So i bought a new horn, fitted it and it still didnt work. Then i turned the steering wheel and pressing the horn and got two beeps out of it.
i thought it must be the rotating connector behind the wheel. So i took the wheel off an dthe rotating double connectors were pretty dirty. I cleaned them up, sanded ect put it all back together and still doesnt work. Ive checked the fuses.
The horn works obviously.
fuses are fine.
cleaned rotating connecter and checked wire connection and all is fine.
im baffled.
id be very grateful if any one has any ideas
Auxiliary belt tensioner
My auxiliary belt tensioner on my 2003 mk1 scenic auto 1.9 Diesel is making a loud rattling noise, is it because I need to charge the delt or dose the tensioner need replacing as well?
Burt Reynolds & Servelan too. RIP.
Both Sadly gorn

Blakes 7 for those too old.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bandit.jpg (54.2 KB)
File Type: jpg servelan.jpg (61.5 KB)
blown bulbs or worse?
im guessing its blown bulbs and its looks a pain to do but also noticed other night i hav enot radio lights!!!
i have the dreaded heater control bulb failure LOL so half doesnt work , but oddly i have no lights at all on the actual head unit which seems odd.
i will be trying the dimmer on the way home as i turned it right down the other night as its was making my eyes ache that and the stupid bright 4x4 behind me.
if the bulbs have gone in the heater are they R286 12V 1.2W or different as this is the only bulb i can find for dash lights?
ta
Renault Laguna Sport 1.8, year 2000
Hi,

I have a problem with the heating fan on my car. A garage told me it is due to a fault in the resistor pack but Renault don't make them for my car any more and I can't therefore buy a new one. The fan works perfectly in warm weather but not cold and damp winter when I need it most! Is anyone familiar with this problem and does anyone have a Haynes manual thay they could upload a pdf of the heating pages for me to see?

My other problem is rain coming in through the back doors which soaks the mats - does anyone know how I could rectify this?

Apart from these issues, the car is reliable and lovely to drive which is why I'm trying to fix the problems rather than get another car!

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me :smile2:
master 2.5 compression test
hi. my 2.5 05 Renault master van wont start want to do a compression test does anyone know where to find out what the compression values should be
Connecting extra USB
I have bought a extra USB connector that I have fitted just below the radio. It now needs a positive and negative connection.
I did try to piggy back it to a red/black wire from the radio, but it did not work. I have since tested the USB connector and it does work from a 12v battery. So I now need to find the best wires to use to connect it, preferably behind the radio.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Dual-...wAAOSwRHtbf4Ra
Check Tyre Pressure
Hi - I have a Clio ECO 2014 and have had it for a month, it says sporadically check tyre pressure. I have cycled through and pressed the button down on the end of the indicator which then says learning tyre pressure. It goes off sometimes and comes back on again. Any suggestions? I don't want to go back to the garage ideally, their after sales so far has been poor. - by the way the tyres are fine.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire