mercredi 19 septembre 2018

Poor MPG (MEGANE III)

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
Poor MPG (MEGANE III)
Normally my MPG is good. A week back I drove 15 miles with petrol light on. The next day I filled tank to 1/2, covered 200 miles on the motorway. A few days later, filled tank to 1/2 again.

Range was at 300 miles at this point. Left car for 4 days without use. Over the last 3 days I've covered 50 miles (urban driving). Range now reports 190. This isn't normal for my car.

Gentle acceleration, no engine laboring, typically don't exceed 2500 revs. Sometimes 3000 revs if changing gear up hill. Just depends.

Oil, filter, plugs, air, coolant, thermostat housing, battery, all changed within last few months.

Something clogged from running into the red? (Fuel injectors, fuel filter, pump)
Can an internally leaking thermostat housing cause poor MPG?

Battery upgraded from 43AH to 70AH. Could the need for more charging reduce MPG?

The Rear rotor grabs slightly which I'll be fixing next week (caliper needs looking at). I know this may reduce MPG due to extra drag, but surely not by a massive amount?

MEGANE III Petrol 1.6 2009(K4M 848) VEH_BZ0H.

Thank you everyone!
Another google problem
This morning I checked my gmail email like I do every morning but the account was off and i had to sign back in..ok no problem I thought until I shut my chrome browser and find that when I switch it back on my email has to be signed in again..:mad: has anyone else have this problem ..how do I stop it happening cos its driving me ape and if it carries on I might just go back to vermin email..:laugh:
Master 2.5 quickshift
How do you bleed the clutch with a quick shift system. 2007 2.5 100 dci
Scenic III 2009 (59 plate) 1.4dCi - Heater Blower Failure
Hello

Having put the car through a car wash today (I know!), I have found that the heater blower no longer works. Aircon light comes on, but that's it!

There is water in the footwell compartment underneath the mat (drivers side), and having looked at the reason for this I have found that the drain pipes on both sides starting in the cavity under the wiper blades can become blocked and it all backs up. There is also evidence to suggest that blocked tubes have gone on to cause issues with the heater blower on other Renault models. I have seen threads on here for 2004 Grand Scenic, Mk II Scenics Meganes etc., to cover off replacing resistor packs (nightmare!) including one which pointed to debris from excess water issues mentioned above being pushed into and around the fan motor /blades assembly. But I can see nothing for a Scenic III - hence this post and the following questions:

(i) Does anyone please know whether or not it is possible to see into the heating system pipework / fan assembly and, with care, endeavour to establish whether or not the fins are free to move - and, if so, how? An excellent post from "ACHAP" in August 2015 showed how to do this for a 2010 Megane III. Something like that for a Scenic III, if it's possible, would be of enormous help.

(ii) Does anyone please know where to find and how to access the resistor pack on a Scenic III? I've had the upper dashbard trim out and had a look and feel around the screen and can see / feel nothing. It may be behind the glovebox, but a steer on this before I start taking it all apart for nothing would gratefully acknowledged.

Hope you can help.
Alarm red LED flashing
Hi,
I have a new problem with my car. I have an Renault Grand Espace 2011
We all know (those with cars old 30-40+ years dont) if you look at a dashboard in a locked car that it has a red flashing LED light meaning that the car has an alarm.
It's all nice and good but when i unlock it, get in and start it, the LED start flashing fast and doesn't stop. The engine does turn on and I can drive around.
I have no clue what does it mean.

I hope anyone knows an answer or a solution.
2004 scenic electronic handbrake
Hi everyone. My father in law has a scenic 2004 1.6 petrol manual. Not sure on milage as he bought it with no history and it says 30000 on the clock so we know it isn***8217;t right. The problem he has is one he***8217;s had for about two years and that is it comes up with check parking brake on the dash. It never bothered him until they changed the rules on the mot and now his car failed due to the service light and triangle is on. What***8217;s the best way to try and get the lights off the dash? I have checked the fuse under passenger seat and that is fine. Tried the manual release but can***8217;t get it to release. The irritating thing is that the brake works perfect and he***8217;s had it checked over when it first came on dash and the garage said don***8217;t worry about it it won***8217;t affect anything, well up until they the mot rules.
Thanks for reading any help is appreciated.
Does a Megane Mk2 1.6L petrol 2006 model thermostat housing have oil galleries too?
Does a Megane Mk2 1.6L petrol 2006 model thermostat housing have oil galleries too? I'm aware the Megane Mk3 has a plastic thermostat housing which has both oil and water galleries and oil can get into the coolant if the seal fails or the plastic warps, etc,,,, is it the same for the Megane Mk2 1.6L petrol, 2006 cabriolet model?

Or what are all the ways oil can enter the coolant on a Mk2 1.6 petrol other than the head gasket?
Leafblowers! V Gales!!!
https://dailym.ai/2pizRj8

You Couldn't make it up!:nerd::nerd::nerd::laugh:
Clio Mk3 dipped beam not working.
I had one outside dipped beam bulb not working and the other outside dipped beam worked for about 3 minutes before turning off. Turning engine off and restarting brought the single bulb back on again for about 3 mins then off again. Front of the car off, changed all bulbs. Still the same problem. Swapped relays around same problem. Now a day later all 4 dipped beam lamps are out. Just checked again, 1 lamp is on. It's driving me mad. Please if anyone has any ideas. It's not easy to find an auto electrician where I live.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire