mardi 18 septembre 2018

Megan's 54 plate convertible 2.0 automatic battery change starting issue

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
Megan's 54 plate convertible 2.0 automatic battery change starting issue
Hi all
Can anyone offer any advice regarding my megane? Have recently got car but have yet to start it! I got it off a friend that had not used it in 2 years and been sat in the yard getting covered in mould and spiderwebs!

My friend said it would probably need a new battery but everything else is good. So went to see if I could jump start to get it home but not even enough power to open the locks so used the key.

So took battery off and took home to charge but battery wasn't charging so bought a new one.

Connected it to the car and yes the key card opened the doors and pressed the start button with brake pedal down and she really sounded like she wanted to start but sounded like there was no fuel getting thro. I couldn't tell u what the dash board lights were doing as I am scared of spiders and could not sit near it.

I have seen in various sites that the immobiliser probably needs to test and have read there is probably a reset sequence but unsure of this as most of them say turn key to ignition on and this is a card and button start! Is there another way?

Sorry for long te,t but wanted to give u as much info as I can!
1984 trafic rimini bent speedo needle
Anyone know how to get the instrument cluster out and if it's possible to straighten or replace the speedo needle, it gets stuck at 20mph

Cheers
Espace gearbox replacement - find correct type
Hi Guys and girls

I have finally got the gearbox out of my Espace. It turned out to be a PK6061

Where can I find what gearboxes (PK6 ???) fits my car/engine ???
Laguna 3 electric handbrake problems
Hi

I have a 2008 Renault Laguna 3 1.9 dci 110 estate.

The electric handbrake is causing problems.

It has had intermittent problems where it would give a parking brake fault, and then when I started moving, it would release and no problem for a couple of days or weeks.

Now, it has gone into complete fault.

The ECU gives error code C1175.

With the engine running, I can put it in neutral, press the brake pedal and engage the electric handbrake. I can hear the brake engaging, but it sounds like it is overengaging a little, I can hear it engaging as normal and then there's an "ok, you've pulled your handbrake enough now buddy" squeak. Like when you pull a manual handbrake a little too much.

It does no longer auto release the brake, so I have to do press the brake pedal and then use the handbrake switch to disengage. This works just fine.

When engaged, it is rock solid, does not move, so it is working as it should.

When I connect to the ECU, it does not register the status of the handbrake, it is always registrering as "inactive" even when activated.

I have tried disconnecting the brake module underneath the car, sprayed it with contact cleaner spray. That did not fix the problem.
Brake fluid level has also been checked, it is as it should be.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong and how to fix?

Feel free to ask for more info if needed.
Engine failure hazard **Fixed**
Hi all.
Megane 3. 2010 1.6 petrol. I music variant
Inserted keycard. Engine failure hazard popped up. Car turned over but would not start.
Plugged in obd. Cleared fault. Engine turned over but battery almost flat from previous attempts.
Jump started car went for a run to charge battery. Car ran perfectly. No limp mode or reduced performance.
Car ran ok for about a day. Few short runs. Stopping and starting fine.
Car unfortunately unused for the next week.
Inserted keycard. Engine failure hazard popped up. Plugged in obd. Cleared fault. Car turns over but won't start and after 3 short attempts the battery is low on power.
I suspect this is the original battery supplied with the car (not 100% sure) and it has been suggested to me that when batteries are on their way out they tend to throw up some warning messages on the megane. I realise it may also be one of the myriad of sensors on the car but am curious to know if anyone else has experienced a similar set of circumstances.
The obd does not show any specific fault codes and when the car was starting it was running fine.
Intermittent random fault warnings
I have a 62 reg Scenic Tomtom Dynamique 1.6 dCi. Following an accident, I've been getting some random, intermittent, dashboard warnings and, more worryingly, accelerator problems.

The accident was a glancing side impact, mostly around the read door, but did a little damage to the driver's door and the rear wing. The repair to the bodywork was very well done.

When I went to collect the car from the garage, it displayed a dashboard warning "Check child safety feature". Neither I nor the garage had a clue what that was, but after about 15 minutes they came back and said they'd cured the problem, saying it was to do with the lock button on the drivers door that disables the rear passengers' ability to open and close the windows and doors, and that the suspected the system had become 'confused' because they had to take the door off to carry out the repair. This warning hasn't returned.

Three days later, I got a completely different dashboard warning - "Rear seatbelt coming loose". At I was in the car myself, but we have a child seat in the middle back seat. Sometimes one of my other kids accidentally releases it instead of their own seat and I assumed that was what had happened and they hadn't fully reinserted the seatbelt. I stopped and check the seatbelt and it seemed okay. When I restarted the car, the warning was gone and hasn't returned.

Another 4 days later and a new, and very worrying problem appeared. First the car didn't slow down when I took my foot off the accelerator (at 35mph) as I approached some traffic lights. I braked to a stop, but when the lights went green and I took my foot off the brake, the car accelerated away without me touching the accelerator. It reached 20mph before I touched the brake to control the speed. During this two dashboard warnings appeared - the first was "STOP Engine failure hazard", then a few moments later "STOP Check hill start assist". I stopped the car in a safe place for a few minutes. When I restarted, the problems were gone so I drove carefully home without any problems.

The insurance company are going to send an engineer to inspect the car, but I'm not sure what they'll find when the problems seem so random and intermittent. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing these seemingly unrelated problems?

Thanks
I'm back - What have I missed ?
Hi

i'm back from the good old US of A, have I missed anything - like the site issues being sorted ? (ha ha ?)

Been so nice to fill up from empty for less than 40 bucks !

Had a nice rental vehicle this time - got given a RAV 4 AWD instead of the obligatory JEEP (FIAT SUV !)
much nicer to drive and felt a lot better built (last Toyota I drove was a 70's Cressida that had more rust & filler than metal !)

Catch up with the gossip gradually I guess ?

Al
MediaNav evolution change!
Can anyone tell me if I can replace and have fitted the new MEDIANAV evolution system to replace my old MEDIANAV evolution system in my Renault Clio IV 2014 Tce. Your in put would be gratefully appreciated.
Trafic M9R loss of rev counter and power
hi all
new to this site and I need of some help.
I have a 2009 Renault traffic 2.0 m9r
the fault that I now have is when your driving or just started off the rev counter seems to drop to nothing and then you lose power it comes and goes on most journeys.
I have read the codes and I have multiplex network fault in abs vehicle speed fault in engine.
if you have diag tool pluged in when the fault occurs I lose communication with the ecu and the abs computer comes up not detected.

has anyone every had this fault before or similar
many thanks for your help. :smile2:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire