samedi 22 septembre 2018

DVLA Phishing Warning

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
DVLA Phishing Warning
Just had a phishing email from the DVLA Supposedly

Beware this is a Phishing email that directs you to a look alike site that is a dammed good copy of the DVLA official checker site for MOT and VED.

I did not enter any information but I suspect that if you do it would come back as your tax is expired and ask for payment.

As they say "Be careful out there"


Official DVLA link

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax


Scammers link if anyone wants to play.

http://www.dvla.services.co.uk-61593...securessl=true


Your own risk if you do play!!!!

:smile2: :grin2: :laugh: >:)
Rear lights
Hi there. I've a 2015 renault trafic. Both my rear side lights have stopped working. I've replaced both bulbs but they still don't work. All other lights in the cluster including the brake lights work. Any idea??
What's under the hood -tutorial?
I concider myself a totally noob with all car related things and have had quite a steep learning curve on car's internal life when I bought my first Renault Megane with over 200000 miles on it. I've thought that if you want to learn about cars, buy a used Renault :D.

Since most car owners seem to have some basic clue on how engine works and what is found where and what this and that does, I haven't been so "lucky" (I blame myself for never studying car stuff). Even covering the basic do-it-yourself maintanance.

Sooo... what I'm going with this is that would anyone who knows this stuff be interested in arranging a somekind of tutorial-kinda youtube -channel for us noobs to follow before we flood the forums asking very basic and general stuff? Like Renault only specific (Renaul Forums youtube-channel) stuff so that we don't get mixed up with other makes and their configurations. Or if there is a channel like this then please share them here!

Why I'm suggesting this is that it's pretty difficult to find good guides on the net specifically to a certain engine model. So searching for a certain mechanical part's location under the hood takes hours of browsing youtube and net where somebody might have the similar problem or configuration in their car. Then that feel of triumph that you finally can name a part under the hood :D.

Just a suggestion :).
Blowers
Hi guys I have a 2016 clio but the blowers are rubbish on it it takes for ever to clear the windscreen and if me and my kids are in the car it sometimes doesn't clear and no matter what I put the switch to the air keeps coming out of the passenger footwell any ideas thanks
Radio Code On Startup
Hiya

I picked up a Renault yesterday from the dealership and pretty much every time I start the engine, the SatNav asks for a 4 digit radio code.

The dealership were able to provide me with the code which does unlock the unit until the next time I start the engine where it asks me for the code again.

Wondering if anyone knows how to stop the unit asking for the code every time?

I'd check the manual but Renault didn't bother to give me one so they're sending one out in the post.

Cheers
Repair or Writeoff?
This evening whilst traveling home from holiday. 2 miles from home and been hit by a lorry
Coming off an island he was at the side of me but decided to change lane
He hit the back quarter, spun me sidewards onto the front of the lorry and pushed us sideways down the road.
Everyone ok
The drivers door took the impact
Damage to back quarter, alloy wheel front wing
Sill looks ok
Given the age and mileage 2005 150k
Will it be repaired?
If not how do I gauge the value?
In the time I have owned the car I have changed the clutch, engine sensors and put in a red leather interior

Advice or opinions appreciated

Cheers
Death Of Sprint Car Driver Greg Hodnett



Sept. 20, 2018 — It is with heavy hearts that we express our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Sprint Car driver Greg Hodnett and the Heffner Racing team.

Hodnett, 49, of Spring Grove, PA, passed away following a crash during a Sprint Car race Thursday night at BAPS Motor Speedway.

One of the most popular Keystone State drivers and member of the PA Posse, Hodnett was the World of Outlaws Rookie of the Year in 1993 who went on to win 20 World of Outlaws races. He captured the opening night at this season’s Knoxville Nationals and also recently beat the Outlaws last September during the second night of the National Open at Williams Grove Speedway.

“To me, Greg represented the true gentleman competitor in the pit area,” said World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter.

The racing family will miss his relentless passion and insight, and especially the ease with which he could talk about the sport with his unique perspective on its history.
Please keep the family and friends of Hodnett and the Heffner Racing team in your prayers

https://globalf1motorsport.blogspot.com/
:crying2:
ACC source ...
Greetings to all ...


I've just taken delivery of a tracker (Red wire + Black wire - and Yellow wire ACC) that I want to fit to the car (Koleos 2012) but before I start ripping the dash apart to fit the thing, can anyone tell me where I can locate a convenient source for the ACC apart from the back of the radio head unit as I'm not too keen to start dismantling the interior ???
Many thanks
Bodgers or Boggerers?
Make your own mind up:laugh::laugh:

https://dailym.ai/2plbD7M

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire