lundi 17 septembre 2018

DP0 Scenic II axle seal & fluid change questions

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
DP0 Scenic II axle seal & fluid change questions
Hi, my parents have recently bought a 2004 Scenic II with only 74k miles on the clock (confirmed mileage), the car is in great shape except for the shorter axle gearbox seal leaking. The gearbox is an automatic DP0 powered by 2.0 16v.
I don't have any trusted mechanics around, and I fix most of my cars myself therefore I decided to do the job on my own, but since this is an automatic transmission and they are extremely expensive in repair, I don't want to make it any worse.
I've already bought a new, OEM seal (part number 8200773453 - can somebody confirm this is the right seal? I couldn't find anything else, my DP0 is the newer type with square oil drain plug on the bottom and a plastic leveling tube)
I also bought 4 litres of ELF Renaultmatic D3 Syn for a complete oil change.

I have a few questions:

1. If i jack the car up near the wheel (so the car's gonna be tilted), will any oil drain from the gearbox after i pull the axle out?
2. Is there any chance that an oil change will make things worse instead of the other way? I've read a few topics where people were complaining about slipping etc after changing the oil, but it's possible that they used the wrong type (mineral instead of synthetic for example). The gearbox works fine, so I really don't want to do any harm, especially that it's not my own car.
3. Is it normal for axle seals in these gearboxes to fail? I've never had this problem in any of my cars (but I drive manuals), maybe it's something more than just the seal (the bushing that the axle is inserted into?) But I know that the oil pressures in automatics is very big so maybe that's normal.


Now questions regarding the oil change:
1. I know the renault procedure of doing it, but I don't own Clip and I don't have anyone in my area that owns it. Would anything bad happen if I did the oil change without resetting the gearbox's adaptation (or whatever it's called)? And obviously without checking the oil temp through the sensor, but by an external thermometer.

Thanks in advance!
Singapore Grand Prix 2018
Qualifying Results
Renault Master 135 DCi
Starting issues

Hi guys
I have had an issue now for several months and it has been back & forth to 2 different main dealers and neither can solve the issue.
They have replaced the starter motor, the engine computer & the ignition barrel.
None of these have solved this problem.
Sometimes it starts fine ... once it has been driven for a while that is when the problem starts . I put the key in and turn it ... all the lights come on , engine warning light stays on and when I turn the key I get nothing at all .... on other occasions when I turn the key the starter jams . On these occasions it sometimes starts after a few turns.
Has anybody ever come up with similar problems ? Renault tell me they have exhausted there tests and on the last occasion it went in they said they can find no fault ? It lasted 3 days before the issues came back . It is now costing me money on hire vans and repairs . ***x1f61e;
1999 Megane Key fob reprogramming
1999 Megane Convertible ...Bought a blank key and fob on ebay and followed instructions on tinternet to reprogram it...didn't work so rang local locksmith to get price for reprogeamming the fob...They reckon that the fob is a one-off program and cannot be done a second time....
Can anybody confirm this?
I ask because a lot of sellers on ebay state that their fobs will have to be programmed to work....:frown2:
Channel 4 F1 2019
Channel 4 will broadcast the 2019 British Grand Prix live to UK viewers, with the other 20 Formula 1 races shown as highlights in a new deal with Sky.

As part of the arrangement, the two broadcasters will share availability of some of their original drama programmes.

Sky has exclusive rights to screen F1 races live in the UK from the start of next season as the shared agreement it has had with terrestrial stations on the BBC and Channel 4 since 2012 ends following the 2018 season.

But Channel 4 will now continue to show F1 highlights as part of a new arrangement that means the first series of Sky show Tin Star will be shown the station later this year, with selected Channel 4 and Walter Presents drama series released on the Sky and NOW TV platforms.

"I'm delighted that we've been able to establish such an exciting and innovative partnership with Sky which will ensure that the British Grand Prix and highlights of the 2019 Formula 1 championship remain available on free-to-air television for UK viewers," said Channel 4 CEO Alex Mahon.

Stephen van Rooyen, Sky UK and ROI CEO, added: "Today's partnership is the start of a new era of collaboration between Sky, Channel 4 and, we hope, other British broadcasters.

"Not only will this innovative partnership benefit viewers, watching via Sky or free-to-air, but it will further strengthen the ecosystem of UK broadcasters and British originated content."
Replacing NS rear seat belt on Grand Modus 2010
Hi, the webbing on our near side rear seat belt has torn, I believe because it was caught in the latch that secures the rear seat and we pulled on it :crying2:. Obviously I need to get this sorted, especially with an upcoming MOT. I've looked online and it should be possible for me to replace the whole seat belt unit with pretensioner - apparently I can get a used replacement unit from various suppliers (although it looks like a bit of a minefield trying to find the exact model that will fit the car). I've also seen seat belt re-webbing services that will do the job if you send the unit to them. Can anyone provide guidance / advice / recommendations about either option? Also, if I remove the seat belt unit to send it off for repair, will the missing seat belt affect the operation of the car in any way (I'm thinking that the pretensioner is part of the electrics)? Thanks.
Fix the effin thing - please
https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/309-...-normal-2.html


Keep getting emails about new posts and can see an extra page that got listed too but can never get to the damn thing to look at the page - get stuck on page 2:steam:
Camshaft Position Sensor and bad power supply line
My Megane (2005 16v 1.6l) stalls at idle in couple of seconds after starting cold if I don't keep the rpm around 2000. I began investigating for the cause and found out that bad camshaft position sensor could cause this behaviour. But to my surprise the sensor's wires seem to be faulty. I checked the voltage on the 12V line and I got only 5mV when ignition power on and 1mV when off.

Is it possible to bypass the 12V supply line safely straigth from battery or something similar without destroying the ECU?


I know the right way would be to check the continuity but I have no idea where the cables go behind the engine.
Kadjar Bluetooth
I have to reconnect my mobile to Bluetooth every time I start the car (Kadjar 16 plate) is this normal or is there something wrong.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire