samedi 29 septembre 2018

Kangoo dCi 1.5 airlocks in coolant system

Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum
Kangoo dCi 1.5 airlocks in coolant system
Hi there, I have a problem on my 2007 Kangoo Expression, whereby the coolant level is going up and down in the expansion tank far more than it should be. For example, this morning, the level was about an inch below the minimum mark, i.e. practically empty. I started the engine and took off the cap on the expansion tank, within 2 or 3 minutes of starting the level was back up to half way between the Max and min marks, and then after about 6 or 7 minutes of just idling, the liquid started overflowing from the open expansion tank. That was while the temperature guage on the panel was still reading at its lowest mark and the fan had not cut in. I shut the engine off and let it cool down a bit for an hour or so and the level had gone down to the max mark. From reading the other posts in this category, it sounds like the problem would either be an airlock in the system or perhaps a faulty thermostat. Its been doing this for a month or so and I have tried purging the air myself by letting it run on idle or on steady revs for 10-20 minutes with the heater on full, and I took it to a Renault dealer the other day who purged and refilled the whole system. I also kept an eye out for oil in the coolant and water emulsion in the oil and white exhaust fumes, none of which are occurring, neither is there any bubbling of air in the expansion tank, at least as far as I can see. So I think we ruled out a leak in the head gasket. The thermoguage can fluctuate from low to normal a bit around the time that the engine should have reached its ideal temperature after 10-15minutes driving, presumably that due to the thermostat opening, and the engine doesn't seem to be overheating at all. But there still seems to be small amounts of air getting into the system and causing occasionally the fluid to escape out of the filler cap after a longish drive (this is what caused me to start checking on it regularly, as there was a wetness around the base of the filler cap and pools of yellow liquid on the suspension and other struts beneath the expansion tank). For info, the timing belt and water pump were replaced last year, just 10,000 miles ago. I'll try to post two photos I took this morning about 6 minutes apart.
I just wondered if this is a classic case of a persistent airlock in the system, which I just have to keep trying to purge, or maybe something more serious?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Ren-P9280626_8-59.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	167517   Click image for larger version
Name:	Ren-P9280631_9-05.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	167519  
2007 Megane CC 2.0 Petrol Auto Engine Timing
Hi all,

Paul in Perth Australia here.

I have just bought a 2007 Megane CC 2.0 F4R Auto.

On my way home after around 80Km the oil pressure warning came on the dash :(

I got the car home and checked the oil which was fine.

Then tried to remove rocker cover (apparently Renault do not allow this unless you strip the engine down fully) :)

There seems to be a leak coming from the Timing cover (Strange I know) That should be dry.

I have done some diagnosis and want to start looking a little deeper.

1) drained engine oil and checked for metal. None found.

2) removed oil filter and split open to check for metal. None found.

3) tried to set engine to TDC. Cannot find any timing marks.

Can you please help me I need to find TDC no.1 so I can remove the timing covers and crank pulley.


Any tips help will be greatly appreciated.


Thanks.
Hey there!
I'm the owner of a mk3 espace 2.0 16v, one of only a few left...***x1f625;
1999 Megane 1.6 petrol starting problem.
Hi everyone,


My problem is now just annoying.


If i keep pressing on the accelerator (up and down rapidly) when turning the engine over, after about 30 seconds it splutters into life, and if i keep the revs high for about a minute and gently release the throttle pedal, it does tick over.
If i let the revs drop after starting, it stalls.
when it is warmed up, i can turn it off and it will start normally and idle.
however it runs really lumpy, and when i took the plugs out they were seriously sooted.
it doesn't seem to rev freely either, it hesitates and splutters a bit then catches.
I can restart it for about an hour then its back to the long turning over and pushing the pedal etc.



so far I have changed the TDC sensor.


The idle solenoid.


2 Coil packs.


Brand new Bosch battery.


Spark plugs Bosch super 4's.


All of the relays.


The fuses related to fuel, spark and emissions.



And the big expense the Fuel pump.


Fuel filter.



Near £380 down, and still exactly the same, absolutely no change whatsoever.


I'm out of money and ideas, i would appreciate any cheap fixes for this problem please.


The ELM 27 diagnostics show no faults at all!/


I'm beginning to hate this car.


Many thanks
Russian grand prix 2018
Qualifying Results Before penalty's
Trafic clutch bleeding.
I hope someone can shed some light on this problem, having read all about bleeding these clutches I find it still had a problem so I changed the master cylinder. I clamped the pipe from the feed on the brake master cylinder and changed the cylinder no problem but after trying to bleed it without much success I traced thins back and the pipe from the brake reservoir was empty so I took the pipe off the brake reservoir expecting fluid to leak out and nothing so I took the cap off the reservoir expecting gravity to take over and fluid to drain from the reservoir but nothing !! Am I missing something here? or does it work in a different way?
Rear spoiler
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a rear spoiler to sit on top of my existing 2015 RS one, like the cup version I think?, I've seen a few but will not fit on a RS, can anyone tell me or know where to find one please, many thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20171006_163706_1537894983059.jpg (49.5 KB)
Clio IV Gearbox Whine
Hi guys,
Just wondering whether anyone had any experience with this- and indeed any solutions.

I***8217;ve got a Clio IV DCI 110 with the 6 speed box used in the Captur etc.

The Gearbox is completely silent apart from I get a whine between 77 and 81mph. It only happens on a light trailing throttle- and it does it in 5th and 6th.

If you dip the clutch it goes away completely so I***8217;m guessing it***8217;s more Gearbox than diff.

Now the annoying part is- the car is a year old with 15,000 miles on it.
Renault have claimed it***8217;s normal Gearbox noise but it is extremely annoying as I do 99% motorway journeys (hence me getting a 110 so I get the 6th gear).

Any ideas/experiences/solutions welcome!!

Many Thanks
Clock Clio 4
Hi, I have a Clio 4 year 2015. My clock keeps going back 2 hours. I live in Namibia.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire